One pot instructions:
1. Measure 4.5 cups water and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and add 2 cups rice. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until rice is al dente (still firm in middle - not crunchy).
3. While boiling rice cut cheese into small cubes, chop onion and garlic and Julianne carrots into small sticks.
4. Slowly stir in 1 cup beans, bring back to a slow boil.
5. Add salt & pepper to taste.
6. If overly thick slowly add in small amount of treated water until texture is right (too dry and dehydrated beans will not fully re-hydrate, too wet is fine but messier to eat).
7. Remove pot from heat cover and let stand.
8. Add ~2-3 tablespoons oil, saute onions and carrot in frypan, once onions are translucent add garlic, saute for another few minutes. stir into rice and beans.
9. Serve by assembling burritos with rice/ beans, cheese, and hot sauce. Alternately serve rice/ beans into tortilla lined bowl.
Pro Tip: Snug assembled burritos into lightly greased (butter or oil) Frybake. Probably fit 2-4 depending on size). Lightly toast by simmering and rotating Frybake. just before done place cheese atop burritos, add several tablespoons of water and quickly put lid back on to allow steam to melt cheese. Serve hot!
Add/ Substitute 6 oz of salsa if available